Staff Scientist for the “Immunobiology” Lab
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
- Conduct metabolomics/lipidomics studies with emphasis on methodologies and expertise related to coupled high performance liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Develop and optimize methods to simultaneously measure large numbers of analytes in biological samples
- Work as a key member and contributor to a larger team in a translational project
- Contribute to experimental research design and planning
- Manage project efficiently to meet timelines
- PhD awarded after 1st January 2016 in chemistry or biochemistry or equivalent life science
- Applicant must have at least three papers published as first author in international scientific journals
Valuable Requirements :
- Expertise in targeted and untargeted metabolomics (this criterium will be valued considering number of years or fraction)
- Expertise in data treatment and analysis for targeted and untargeted metabolomics will be valued (this criterium will be valued considering number of years or fraction)
- Experience in the following techniques (HPLC or UHPLC coupled to mass spectrometry, including sample preparation, analysis optimization and method; Experience in lipidomics analysis (including shotgun lipidomics), lipid extraction methods or MS-based proteomics); (this criterium will be valued considering number of years or fraction)
- Experience on the study of metabolites in relation to cardiovascular disease (this criterium will be valued considering number of years or fraction)
- Interview (good command of english will be valued);
- Incorporación a un Centro de Investigación de relevancia internacional en el ámbito científico.
- Acceso a una infraestructura con la tecnología más avanzada.
- Integración en equipos jóvenes en un ambiente de excelencia científica.
- Incorporación inmediata.
- Contrato de duración determinada, de acuerdo con el Real Decreto-ley 32/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reforma laboral, la garantía de la estabilidad en el empleo y la transformación del mercado de trabajo, disposición adicional quinta, para la ejecución de programas de carácter temporal cuya financiación provenga de fondos de la Unión Europea, siempre que la persona seleccionada cumpla los requisitos legales para la formalización del contrato con arreglo a derecho.
The RESOLUTION OF THE SECRETARIAT OF STATE FOR PUBLIC FUNCTION APPROVING THE COMMON ACTION CRITERIA FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESSES IN THE STATE PUBLIC SECTOR ENTITIES of April 11, 2022, set forth in point 6.1 that “Unless a specific regulation establishes a merit-bases recruitment system (concurso), the competition (concurso-oposición) must be the recruitment system”
In CNIC, the specific regulations approved by the Foundation's board of trustees establish a merit-base recruitment system (concurso) including a personal interview.
At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1-C4 will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C5) is higher than 90 points.
Composition of the Selection Commission:
- Head of the Immunobiology Lab
- Research Office Manager)
- Research Office Manager
- HR member
Maximum duration of the selection process:
In accordance with art. 2.2 of Law 20/2021, of December 28, on urgent measures to reduce temporary employment in public employment and the "Resolution of the Secretary of State for Public Function approving the common action criteria in the selective processes of the entities of the sector” of 04/11/2022, the process will be resolved before December 31, 2024.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"