Staff Scientist for the Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
Functions: Responsible for individualized training in successful stem cell culture, state-of-the-art protocols and expert advice and techniques for proper maintenance and diﬀerentiation of stem cells and somatic cell reprogramming.
- PhD in Life Science area.
- At least 10 years postdoctoral experience in biomedical research centers.
- Candidate must have completed the course or hold the license as responsible for designing procedures and projects with laboratory animals (current function D or former category C).
- Experience in sequence analysis and related software, genetic modifications design support, gene editing through CRISPR/Cas9 system in human and mouse stem cells. In vitro modelling of human diseases (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in cell culture and characterization of human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC). Differentiation to cardiac linage (it will be valued according to the number of research centers and the number or fraction of years).
- Experience in cell culture of primary cells and mouse embryonic stem cells (mESC), and gene targeting in mESC (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in molecular and cell biology, immunocytochemistry and advanced microscopy techniques, screening by southern blot and PCR, qRT-PCR (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Permanent contract as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
- Annual gross salary: 35.409,08 €.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1 - C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C5) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"