Técnico Titulado Superior - Cellomics Unit
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
A Technician position is available to work in the image analysis group based at the Cellomics Unit.
This group focuses on the development and validation of novel analysis methods for images ranging from molecular/cellular to tissue/organ resolution for a broad range of biological imaging applications. The candidate work on a project dedicated on the design of decision support systems for high throughput profiling of cytotoxicity for drug screening applications based on High Content Screening technology.
The job responsibilities include:
-Development and testing of new algorithms for supervised/unsupervised image analysis, for High Content Screening, focusing on exploring deep learning strategies.
Development of data analysis, mining and visualization tools for High Content toxicity screening.
- BSc in biotechnology, computer science, mathematics or Engineering degree in informatics, telecommunications or biomedicine, or MSc in computational biology, bioimaging processing or bioinformatics.
- Knowledge or experience for programming in Python, Matlab.
- Knowledge of deep learning strategies/algorithms; convolutional neural networks (CNNs) and region-based CNNs.
- Knowledge of statistics (R programming skills).
- Knowledge in GPU computation.
- Background in biology and biomedical imaging.
- Fluency in English (Up-intermediate level or higher)
It is offered:
- Incorporation into a newly created and growing Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- Recruitment planned for January 2017.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
Se amplia el plazo de recepción de solicitudes hasta el proximo 10 de enero de 2017, por concurrir a la oferta un número reducido de candidatos.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"