Técnico/a Titulado/a Superior para el laboratorio de Imagen Cardiovascular y Estudios Poblacionales
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research centre of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
A position for a graduate technician is called to work in the Cardiovascular Imaging and Population Studies laboratory, under the direction of Dr. Valentín Fuster and Drs. Marta Cortés and Juan Domingo Gispert.
For additional information about the group:
The contract is part of the grant “Studying the connection between subclinical atherosclerosis and preclinical Alzheimer’s disease through non-invasive imaging” (ref: A2022034S) funded by BrightFocus Foundation.
The selected candidate will carry out neuroimaging studies and analyses under the direct supervision of Drs. Marta Cortés Canteli and Juan Domingo Gispert within the group of Cardiovascular Imaging and Population Studies, directed by Dr. Valentín Fuster.
- Graduate in Biomedical Engineering or Physics.
- Master´s degree in in the fields of biomedical sciences or related areas.
- Minimum previous experience of 3 years in research laboratories.
- Minimum of 4 scientific publications in indexed journals (JCR) in the biomedical field. (The CV must include a complete list of publications that details the publication and the authors).
- C1. Experience working in the cardiovascular field and in Alzheimer’s disease research (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction)
- C2. Expertise on neuroimaging analysis and imaging processing/visualization software such as SPM, MATLAB, Freesurfer, FSL, etc. (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- C3. Knowledge of programming languages and statistical software such as R, python, SPSS (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction and number of known software).
- C4. Experience working with clinical databases (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- C5. CV (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to quality and quantity of the publications, attendance and presentations to meetings and conferences, participation in projects, awards, research experience abroad, etc…)
- C6. Interview.
- Joining a modern Research Center of international relevance in the scientific field.
- Integration into young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to a modern infrastructure with the most advanced technology
- Training in the latest advances, both technical and scientific.
- “Contrato de actividades científico-técnicas, de duración indefinida”, in accordance with Artículo 23‐bis de la Ley de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación ((texto refundido Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación), funded by ref: A2022034S, with Title: “Studying the connection between subclinical atherosclerosis and preclinical Alzheimer’s disease through non-invasive imaging” of the BrightFocus 2021 call, funded by the BrightFocus Foundation,as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law .
- Start date: Immediate
The RESOLUTION OF THE SECRETARIAT OF STATE FOR PUBLIC FUNCTION APPROVING THE COMMON ACTION CRITERIA FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESSES IN THE STATE PUBLIC SECTOR ENTITIES of April 11, 2022, sets forth in point 6.1 that “Unless a specific regulation establishes a merit-bases recruitment system (concurso), the competition (concurso-oposición) must be the recruitment system”.
In CNIC, the specific regulations approved by the Foundation's board of trustees establish a merit-based recruitment system (concurso) including a personal interview.
At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1‐C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C6) is higher than 85 points.
- Assistant researcher of de Group
- Neuroimaging Expert of the Group
- Research Office Manager
- Research Office Manager
- HR member
The CNIC guarantees, in its field of action, the principle of equality in access to employment, and cannot establish any discrimination, direct or indirect, based on reasons of origin, including racial or ethnic, sex, age, marital status, religion or convictions, political opinion, sexual orientation and identity, gender expression, sexual characteristics, union affiliation, social condition, language within the State and disability, provided that the workers are in conditions of aptitude to carry out the work or employment for which try they are assigned.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"
Solicitud de inscripción
Para inscribirse por primera vez en una convocatoria, es necesario crear una cuenta de usuario, indicando un email y una contraseña.
En caso de disponer ya de cuenta, simplemente debe iniciar sesión: