Titulado Técnico Superior I - Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging
The CNIC Foundation is dedicated to research into the origins and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The Foundation occupies an investigation center of 23.000 m2 in Madrid including more than 6000 square meters of laboratory space and equipped with a comprehensive modern infrastructure.
The Foundation opens a position of “Technician for Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging Core Facility” to work in the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging, under the direction of Dr. Valeria R. Caiolfa, to support the excellently equipped core unit of CNIC hosting a broad range of light microscope techniques such as confocal microscopy, 2-photon/intravital microscopy, TIRF microscopy, light-sheet microscopy, super-resolution by STED and dSTORM and a number of image analysis workstations.
- Bachelor Degree in the life sciences field.
- Capability in image analysis by Fiji and Imaris
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Biology or Biochemistry
- Knowledge of super-resolution techniques (STED, GSD/STORM, SIM).
- Experience in multiphoton microscopy
- Expertise in writing macros for automated analysis (Fiji, CellProfiler) for calcium-spark analysis, single-molecule detection, cell/nuclei segmentation, batch processing, colocalization, 3D rendering and tracking.
- Communication and organization skills and record of participation as teacher in didactic courses and workshops.
- Capability of offering comprehensive technical support in routine and advanced light microscopy techniques (candidate´s experience must be demonstrable)
- Capability of operating technical databases
- Capability of performing preventive maintenance and cleaning routines also in collaboration with external technical services when necessary
- A full-time 1-year position with possible second year extension
- Integration into a highly qualified multi-disciplinary team committed to developing novel approaches for live-cell/ tissues and molecular dynamic imaging
- Incorporation into a growing research center of international relevance linked to the public sector and managed by an independent Foundation
- A salary negotiable according to experience and qualifications
- Immediate incorporation
The CNIC treats all applicants and employees equally irrespective of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age or political belief. Confidentiality is guaranteed throughout the selection process and all current regulations relating to the protection of personal data will be strictly adhered to.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"