Técnico Titulado Superior
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
A full time Graduate Technician position is available to work in the Inherited Cardiomyopathies Group led by Dr. Juan Antonio Bernal Rodríguez.
This group has developed an alternative method that uses adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors, widely used for gene-therapy approaches, to express disease-causing dominant-negative mutants to generate disease models in wild-type mice. Their funding demonstrates that AAV-Transfer methodology has the potential to make valuable contributions to the specific understanding of cardiovascular diseases in general and inheritable cardiac arrhythmias in particular.
More information including relevant publications at:
- PhD in Life Science area
- At least 5 years research experience in biomedical research centers
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Solid experience in the generation of animal models through the use of adeno-associated virus.
- Research experience in mitochondria field and animal experimental models of cardiomyopathies.
- Experience in advanced cellular and molecular techniques: cell culture, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA extraction and quantification, western blot, qPCR, and in the generation of gene therapy tools.
- Experience in manipulation, culture and analysis of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS).
- Research experience in international research centers.
- Scientific publications track in peer-review journals.
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- The contract duration is up to a total of 5 years.
Selection plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria (C1-C6) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C7) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"