The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) ensures that scientific and technological developments generated by the CNIC are accessible to a wider range of users who can then further develop and exploit the technology into new products, processes, applications, materials or services.
- Detection, identification and assessment of existing and innovative technologies which can be commercially exploited.
- Valorization of the technology maturity and potential industrial interest.
- Funding, management and protection of CNIC’s IP through patents.
- Database search of scientific articles and patents.
- Promotion and dissemination of CNIC’s research activities and results, through offers-demand platforms and attending to partnering/brokerage events.
- Identifying commercial licensing opportunities for our intellectual property portfolio
- Negotiating licensing terms and conditions
- Drafting and executing license and consultancy agreements
- CNIC technology transfer through entrepreneurship: spinoffs
- Promotion of collaboration agreements between researchers and the industry at local, national and international level. Follow up of private R&D projects.
- Negotiation, management and follow up of Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) and Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs)
The TTO also works closely with a prestigious patent agency for advice on intellectual property rights and has the legal advice of an international law firm specialized in this field.