CNIC scientific area is organized into two departments focused on Basic Research and Clinical Research, fully interconnected through five focused programs:
- Novel mechanisms of atherosclerosis
- Myocardial homeostasis & cardiac injury
- Cardiovascular regeneration
- Novel arrhythmogenic mechanisms
- Cardiovascular risk factors & brain function
The Technical Units provide key Scientific Services to the CNIC´s research groups and to external users by arrangement. The Units also provide expert training in specialist techniques and the use of equipment.