The main goal of the CNIC Scientific Information Service is to fulfill the informational needs of CNIC researchers and management staff. This support is provided through the following services:
Subscriptions and acquisitions management
The service deals with the evaluation and subscription management as well as the acquisition of all types of resources such as journals, e-books or scientific databases.
This service provides users with those documents, especially books or journal articles that are not available in our institution. We have partnership agreements with national and international libraries.
Bibliometrics and Research Output
The service is responsible for keeping records of CNIC researchers’ scientific output and for maintaining and updating the CNIC Publications Database.
We also elaborate bibliometric reports and help researchers prepare CVs for appraisals and funding applications, evaluate external candidates, and identify new research lines and possibilities for collaboration, etc.
We offer support to researchers in all areas related to Open Access (OA):
- Consultancy on publishing options, OA mandates or negotiation with publishers, copyright and Creative Commons licenses.
- Support and management of self-archiving, in accordance with the mandates of the different funding agencies, in the institutional repository Repisalud.
We provide solutions to all staff members’ queries related to:
- Bibliographic searches across the available databases
- Advice and methodological support about systematic reviews, EBM, etc.
- Advice on the use of scientific databases: Pubmed, Web of Science, Scopus, etc.
- Support in the use of reference management software: Endnote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc.
- Help with International Standard Name Identifiers: Researcher ID, ORCID, etc.
- Training in any of the subjects related to our services