Title: SPECTRAL, NON-LINEAR AND TIME-RESOLVED MICROSCOPY PLATFORM
Call: EQUIPAMIENTO CIENTÍFICO-TÉCNICO 2021 (EQC 2021)
Principal Investigator: Valeria Caiolfa
Start date: 01/06/2021
End date: 31/12/2023
Project objectives: The main goal of this proposal is to make a generational step up in translational optical microscopy, enabling new cutting-edge applications in the field of pre-clinical imaging that are not possible with any of the existing systems at CNIC. This non-linear imaging (NLO) platform will provide never before achieved resolution, quality, capacity and a user friendly environment for simultaneous acquisition of multiple markers, fluorescence lifetime (FLIM), infrared scattering (SHG, THG) and with illumination from ultraviolet to deep infrared.
Equipment: The equipment is based on an advanced confocal module built with a direct microscope that is equipped with objectives suitable for live imaging as well as for standard fixed samples. It is important to highlight that the fully integrated add-on modules, including multiphoton components, revolutionary detectors, and fluorescence lifetime-based routines, make this microscope unique among standardized systems that are commercially available.
Other information: The grants object of this call are financed by Mecanismo de Recuperación y Resiliencia de la Unión Europea, in accordance with (EU) Regulation.
Title: In Vivo Advanced Nanoscopy at the ICTS - ReDIB - TRIMA - CNIC' (Capacity of the nanoscopy platform enhancement with adaptation to the capture of ultra-fast and multicolor in vivo images)
Call: FEDER: Infraestructuras Científicas y Técnicas Singulares (ICTS)
Principal Investigator: Borja Ibáñez Cabeza
Start date: 01/01/2018
End date: 31/12/2021
- To increase the flexibility and capacity of the Nanoscopy platform by adapting to multicolor and ultrafast in vivo imaging.
- To increase the capability and flexibility of the Leica TCS SP8 STED 3X super resolution microscope.
- Software/hardware and detectors upgrade of the Mai Tai DS Nikon ECLIPSE ISS ALBA (ALBA_FLIM) 2-photon inverted microscope.
- - Leica SP8 Navigator with on-the-fly deconvolution (cofounded by FEDER “Una manera de hacer Europa”)
- - DS Nikon ECLIPSE ISS ALBA-FLIM Inverted multiphoton (cofounded by FEDER “Una manera de hacer Europa”)
Other useful links: https://www.redib.net
Other information: This project is cofounded by the Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional (FEDER), «Una manera de hacer Europa».