We are a multidisciplinary team of scientists who use biochemistry, biophysics and single-molecule techniques to understand the mechanics of the heart tissue and its regulation in health and disease. In the “Know more” page you will find more information about our current projects. Click on the “Interesting info” and “Downloads” sections for interesting links and files of the methods we use, lectures, seminars and talks. For updates and news, follow Jorge in twitter @AlegreCebollada.
- February 2018. Elías will present our latest results about titin oxidation at the Biophysical Society Meeting (San Francisco, US).
- September 2017: We welcome back Maria Rosaria Pricolo, a visiting PhD student from University of Naples Federico II, who will complete phenotypic characterization of novel mutations associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- July 2017. We collaborate to define the evolution of titin in the vertebrate lineage, just published in Nature Structural and Molecular Biology.
- June 2017. We welcome Inés Martínez and David Sánchez our cicerone students for the summer.
- February 2017. Welcome to new lab members Natalia Vicente and Carolina Costa! Natalia is our new junior tech. Carolina will do her Master Thesis on a new AFM method to measure mechanical properties of proteins. Enjoy!
- October 2016. We are happy to be part of MINOTAUR, a European Consortium who will be funded by ERA-CVD to study metabolic therapies against heart failure.