We are a multidisciplinary team of scientists who investigate how mechanical forces determine muscle function at the molecular, cellular, tissue and organismal levels. Our motivation is to improve the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular and musculoskeletal diseases. At the same time, we train scientists, awake vocations in science and contribute to strengthen and disseminate the scientific culture.
In the “Know more” page you will find more information about our current projects. Click on the “Interesting info” and “Downloads” sections for interesting links and files of the methods we use, lectures, seminars and talks. For updates and news, follow Jorge in twitter @AlegreCebollada.
- October 2019. We report on the functional assessment of a new variant of MYBPC3 associated to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Preprint available from here.
- October 2019. The Spanish Biochemical Society (SEBBM) features Jorge in their outreach section. Publication can be accessed from here.
- Summer 2019. Congratulations to David Sánchez and Inés Martínez for getting the maximum qualification for their Degree Thesis.
- August 2019. Check out our paper on concurrent atomic force spectroscopy. Single-molecule AFM made faster and more accurate. Carolina has been awarded best Master’s Thesis for this work.
- March 2019. We report a method to examine and interfere with nanomechanical properties of native proteins. Check out the preprint here.
- January 2019. Check out our review on the redox regulation of titin mechanics.
- September 2018. We host at CNIC the midterm meeting of MINOTAUR, a European Consortium funded by ERA-CVD to study metabolic therapies against heart failure.