Jorge obtained his PhD in Biochemistry in 2008 (Complutense University of Madrid), under the supervision of Prof. Álvaro Martínez del Pozo and Prof. Pepe Gavilanes.
After completing his PhD, Jorge joined the laboratory of Prof. Julio Fernández at Columbia University (New York, US). Prof. Fernández pioneered the development of single-molecule techniques by Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) to examine the mechanical architecture of proteins. During his time in New York, Jorge led several research projects to understand how the elasticity of proteins can be regulated by posttranslational modifications. His research was supported by several foundations and the NIH through a K99/R00 Pathway to Independence grant.
In 2014, Jorge joined the CNIC. Jorge was awarded the SBE-33 prize by the Spanish Biophysical Society “for his studies on the importance of mechanical forces on protein dynamics by using single molecule techniques and AFM”. In 2015, Jorge’s trajectory was recognized by a Ramón y Cajal award, the top distinction given by the Spanish Government to early career investigators.
- David Sánchez Ortiz (MD thesis, 2019). MD resident candidate.
- Niels Groenewegen (MSc Thesis, 2019). Associate Researcher at Procter & Gamble.
- Andrea Rodríguez Blanco (MSc Thesis, 2018). PhD Candidate in Quantum Information and Quantum Computing at Complutense University of Madrid.
- Carolina Pimenta-Costa (MSc Thesis, 2017). PhD candidate at University of Barcelona, Laboratory of Signal transduction and transcriptional activation mechanisms induced by Bone Morphogenetic proteins (BMP) and TGFß.
- Cristina Sánchez González (BSc Thesis, 2015; MSc Thesis, 2016). PhD candidate at CBM-CSIC (Madrid). Laboratory of Biogenesis and Function of Mitochondria and its Role in Pathology.
|Surname and name||Position||CV||Extension|
|Herrero Galán Elías||Assistant researcher||CV||Ext. 3315||Contact|
|Fernández Trasancos Ángel||Postdoc researcher||CV||Ext. 3301||Contact|
|Pricolo Maria Rosaria||Postdoc researcher||CV||Ext. 3301||Contact|
|Bak Agata||Predoc researcher||CV||Ext. 3303||Contact|
|Huerta López Carla||Predoc researcher||CV||Ext. 3303||Contact|
|Suay Corredera Carmen||Predoc researcher||CV||Ext. 3303||Contact|
|Martínez Martín Inés||Researcher in Training||CV||Ext. 3315||Contact|
|Sánchez Díaz María||Graduate technician||---||Ext. 3301||Contact|
|Velázquez Carreras Diana Carmen||Graduate technician||CV||Ext. 3303||Contact|
|Martín Zamora Francisco Manuel||Visiting student||---||Contact|
|Nava Candelaria Ilse Nallely||Visiting student||---||Contact|
|Sen Martín Laura||Visiting student||---||Ext. 3303||Contact|