We are a multidisciplinary team of scientists who use biochemistry, biophysics and single-molecule techniques to understand the mechanics of the heart tissue and its regulation in health and disease. In the “Know more” page you will find more information about our current projects. Click on the “Interesting info” and “Downloads” sections for interesting links and files of the methods we use, lectures, seminars and talks. For updates and news, follow Jorge in twitter @AlegreCebollada.
- January 2018. Our paper describing disulfide isomerization as a new mechanism of titin elasticity is out.
- January 2018. We welcome Ángel Fernández-Trasancos, a postdoctoral scientist who will lead generation of novel animal models to study protein mechanobiology in heart disease.
- December 2017. We have very good news regarding our application to the Spanish Grant Program. We will get a fully funded PhD fellowship (FPI) in 2018. If interested in applying, contact Jorge.
- February 2018. Elías will present our latest results about titin oxidation at the Biophysical Society Meeting (San Francisco, US).
- July 2017. We collaborate to define the evolution of titin in the vertebrate lineage, just published in Nature Structural and Molecular Biology.
- October 2016. We are happy to be part of MINOTAUR, a European Consortium who will be funded by ERA-CVD to study metabolic therapies against heart failure.